GASTONIA, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) – President Donald Trump spoke to thousands of people Wednesday evening at a campaign rally in Gastonia, North Carolina.
Trump departed the White House on Marine One Wednesday afternoon and began his travels to Gastonia for the “Make America Great Again” rally at the Gaston Municipal Airport.
Marine One then headed to Joint Base Andrews and the president hopped on Air Force One at about 5 p.m. and headed to Charlotte-Douglas International Airport.
Air Force One arrived in Charlotte shortly before 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Officials said as many as 15,000 people would be attending the event and shuttle buses were put in place to usher people to and from the rally, which began at 7 p.m.
North Carolina has become a battleground state in the general election and the Trump campaign has particularly honed in on North Carolina with stops in Raleigh, Fayetteville, Charlotte, Asheville, and Winston in just the past few weeks.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX46.COM
- Trevor Noah to host 2021 Grammy Awards
- Are dining tents a safe way to eat out during the pandemic?
- Keep holiday gift-giving on budget with these companies that ship free
- Biden to formally introduce national security team as official transition begins
- Tips for cutting down your Christmas tree from a National Forest