RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — The North Carolina State Board of Elections has certified results for the 2020 general election.
The state Supreme Court chief justice race between Republican Paul Newby and Democrat Cheri Beasley is still going through a recount process.
President Donald Trump defeated Democratic nominee Joe Biden by 1.3 percentage points.
Sen. Thom Tillis defeated Democrat Cal Cunningham by a wider margin.
The state saw a record number of registered voters and mail-in votes.
Over 5.5 million of the more than 7.3 million registered voters cast ballots in this year’s election.
The 75% voter turnout surpassed the 69% participation seen in November 2016.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- ‘Takeout Pledge’ aims to help local businesses in Winston-Salem
- A pandemic-proof restaurant? A Greensboro gastropub may have a solution and it starts with a virtual kitchen
- Old Salem goes viral on TikTok
- New Jersey causes stir by making smokers eligible for COVID vaccine
- Federal judge refuses to release man wearing horns and face paint from custody after Capitol riot