RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina’s first lady has apologized after a screenshot of her saying she “flipped off” supporters of President Donald Trump during a rally in the state was circulated on social media.
Kristin Cooper apologized Thursday through an emailed statement from her spokesperson to The News & Observer.
The screenshot of Cooper’s comments shows her saying that she “flipped off” a “pitiful family group” that was waving flags at the state Capitol.
Michelle Morrow, an organizer for the event on Sunday, told WRAL-TV that attendees had been carrying a “Trump flag” and other flags.
Cooper said her “personal Facebook comments and actions leading to it were inappropriate.”
- Woman says mother died following horrific neglect at NC nursing home
- Worker fired for forgetting doctor’s note after negative COVID-19 test
- Judge refuses Johnny Depp permission to appeal libel ruling after newspaper calls him a ‘wife-beater’
- South Carolina offers free admission to all state parks on Friday
- ‘Miracle’; WV man comes back to life after ‘officially deemed’ brain dead