If you’re hoping for snowfall this Friday, it’s still a bit of a gamble for the Piedmont Triad.
For the mountains, FOX8 Meteorologist Emily Byrd says they’ve got a “pretty good chance” of seeing snow, but she was less inclined to make the same prediction for the Piedmont Triad.
“We could have a good two to four inches in our mountains,” FOX8 Meteorologist Emily Byrd said. “In the Piedmont, probably very little if any accumulation. We’re going to have a lot of rain in there too so that should help melt off those snowflakes.”
At the very least, Byrd expects Friday will be “very cold and wet.”
The mountains could begin seeing snow on Tuesday, but it is not likely to begin accumulating until Friday’s potential snowfall.
The weekend should bring dry weather, Byrd said.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- NC police chief, who is taking new job, has made $21,000 while on leave since November
- NC Education Lottery warning people about scams as Powerball, Mega Millions jackpots soar
- UNC fails at late comeback, falls to Florida State 82-75
- Pittsburgh defeats Syracuse 96-76
- Biden fills out State Department team with Obama veterans