FOX8’s Charles Ewing says we’ll be waiting until the beginning of 2021 for our first snow, but FOX8 Meteorologist Emily Byrd is calling it for just days after Christmas.
Byrd was the second in the FOX8 Max Weather Center to reveal her winter weather predictions.
“I don’t think we’re going to have the white Christmas,” Byrd said. “A lot of my own logic here is because we are in the middle of a La Niña, and whenever we are in La Niña … in the summer it would be a drought situation, but here it is, winter, I think we’re going to be very low in the amount of moisture we’re working with.”
Here is her full list of predictions:
Colder or warmer? Near-normal overall, but some extremes in December, January and February
Coldest temperature? 8 degrees
How many inches of snow? 3.5 inches, but ice is more likely at 0.3 inches.
Largest snowfall? 2 inches
First snow? Dec. 28
Check out our other FOX8 winter weather predictions.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- LSU confirms body found in Mississippi River is missing LSU Student
- CDC committee reviewing J&J’s vaccine wants more data before ending pause
- At least 1 injured in Burlington crash
- ‘Physical inactivity’ associated with higher COVID-19 risks, study says
- Kernersville development homeowners surprised by HOA fees