FOX8 MAX Weather Chief Meteorologist Van Denton is releasing his winter weather predictions.
Denton was the fourth in the FOX8 Max Weather Center to reveal his winter weather predictions.
“This year I’m basing [my predictions] on the La Niña because La Niña and El Niño seem to be the most reliable way to tell what’s happening months into the future,” Denton said.
Here is his full list of predictions:
Colder or warmer? Colder than normal in December, milder than normal in January, cold start and mild late in February and March
Coldest temperature? 11 degrees
How many inches of snow? 6 inches
Largest snowfall? 3 inches
First snow? Dec. 13
Check out our other FOX8 winter weather predictions.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- LSU confirms body found in Mississippi River is missing LSU Student
- CDC committee reviewing J&J’s vaccine wants more data before ending pause
- At least 1 injured in Burlington crash
- ‘Physical inactivity’ associated with higher COVID-19 risks, study says
- Kernersville development homeowners surprised by HOA fees