FOX8 MAX Weather Chief Meteorologist Van Denton is releasing his winter weather predictions.
Denton was the fourth in the FOX8 Max Weather Center to reveal his winter weather predictions.
“This year I’m basing [my predictions] on the La Niña because La Niña and El Niño seem to be the most reliable way to tell what’s happening months into the future,” Denton said.
Here is his full list of predictions:
Colder or warmer? Colder than normal in December, milder than normal in January, cold start and mild late in February and March
Coldest temperature? 11 degrees
How many inches of snow? 6 inches
Largest snowfall? 3 inches
First snow? Dec. 13
Check out our other FOX8 winter weather predictions.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Health officials confirm COVID-19 outbreak connected to wrestling tournament
- WATCH: Bills fan finishes cancer treatment, celebrates Bills Mafia style
- Louisville hands Duke 3rd straight loss 70-65
- Winston-Salem firefighters working to put out apartment fire
- Mexico has $1 million for ‘Dreamers’ in the U.S.