ALLEGHANY COUNTY, N.C. — Alleghany County Schools are on two-hour delay Tuesday morning as inclement weather kicked off the month of December.
The school system said, “If conditions worsen you may receive another call later this morning.”
Boone and Watauga County saw snowfall overnight as Winter Weather Advisories were issued Watauga and Ashe counties.
FOX8 Meteorologist Emily Byrd said those areas may have seen 3 to 5 inches of snow in the mountains with an inch of snow at lower elevations.
Byrd says highs for Tuesday will only be 43 degrees.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- LIVE: Terminally ill doctor held hostages, shot pediatrician and himself at her office on Tuesday
- Kraft rolls out pink mac and cheese just in time for Valentine’s Day
- Winston-Salem woman arrested after man shot, killed at gaming establishment
- NFL prepares Raymond James Stadium for Super Bowl
- Newsfeed Now: Pres. Biden orders 200M more COVID-19 vaccines, GoPro lost at bottom of ocean returned 6 years later