RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) – Isaiah Wong scored 24 points and Earl Timberlake had six of his career-high 13 in the last 68 seconds as Miami finally won a close game, defeating North Carolina State 64-59 on Saturday.
An 8-0 run inside the last four minutes put the Hurricanes, who lost their previous three games by a total of five points, ahead 58-54.
The Wolfpack got a quick 3-pointer from Thomas Allen in the right corner but Timberlake grabbed the rebound and slammed it home.
Seconds later he grabbed a Wolfpack miss and was fouled, the freshman calmly making two at the line for a 62-57 lead.
Allen scored 14 points to lead the Wolfpack.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Storms batter Appalachia, leading to water rescues, power outages
- Missing French bulldog shows up 500 miles away in Mexico
- Johnson & Johnson vaccine means ‘rapid progress’ in March
- Small Business Spotlight: Carolina Sports Accessories
- Nearly 4 million Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine doses head out across US