TALLAHASSEE, Flaa. (AP) – Jordan Travis ran for two touchdowns and threw a scoring pass to help Florida State build a big first-half lead, and the Seminoles held off No. 5 UNC-Chapel Hill 31-28 on Saturday night.
Travis guided an offensive that generated 434 yards for Florida State, but was shut out in the second half.
UNC quarterback Sam Howell led three second-half touchdown drives to pull to 31-28, but the Tar Heels had drops on third and fourth down in the final seconds to end the comeback bid.
The Seminoles gave coach Mike Norvell a signature victory in his first season in Tallahassee following a shaky start that included a blowout loss at Miami.
- Spruce Street Garden in Winston-Salem closes amid pandemic
- ‘We are blowing up the precedent’: Dems argue against vote to confirm Trump’s Supreme Court nominee
- ‘They really, truly seemed to be very touched’: Stanley Cup visits children’s cancer center
- Scientists say ‘strange lights’ over Hawaii were likely a rocket from nearly 12 years ago
- 60,000 in Southern California to evacuate after blaze grows