RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) – Cary Angeline and Thayer Thomas had second-half touchdown catches to help North Carolina State beat Duke 31-20 on Saturday.
N.C. State also got a strong defensive performance that included a third straight game with a goal-line stand.
Duke’s Chase Brice threw for a touchdown but also had three interceptions.
Both teams had blocked punts for touchdowns.
The Wolfpack’s win came despite losing starting quarterback Devin Leary to injury in the third quarter.
Leary was carted off with his lower left leg in an aircast. He later returned to the sideline on crutches and wearing a protective boot.
- NASA discovers water on the sunlit surface of Moon
- It’s back! How to grab KFC’s fried chicken-scented firelog before it sells out
- NASCAR Cup playoff at Texas still on hold because of rain
- 2-month old dies after being thrown by father from 2nd floor of apartment
- NC private schools are reporting more coronavirus clusters