AVONDALE, Ariz. (AP) — The NASCAR championship will be settled without Kevin Harvick despite his dominant season.
Harvick won a Cup Series-high nine races but was eliminated from title contention last week.
The championship will instead be decided Sunday between Denny Hamlin, Chase Elliott, Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano.
The final four drivers have mixed feelings about Harvick’s elimination.
He’s not part of the title fight at Phoenix Raceway, which makes it easier for the contenders.
But they appreciate his strong season and understand how disappointed Harvick must be.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Greensboro police investigating after victim stabbed on Randleman Road, taken to hospital
- CDC considering shortening quarantine time for COVID-19 exposure
- Holiday Night Lights: Local couple decks home out for Christmas
- Thanksgiving travel looks different this year for people in the Piedmont
- Local girls become some of the first female Eagle Scouts