No. 15 Coastal Carolina has already made history this season and will look to add another milestone to the record books when it plays Appalachian State this weekend.
The Chanticleers are already the highest-ranked Sun Belt Conference team in history.
Beating the Mountaineers Saturday would give the Chants eight wins this season, the best-ever start for any Sun Belt school.
It also would give them a leg up over Appalachian State in the league’s East Division and ending the four-time defending Sun Belt champs’ run to the title game.
The victory would also continue Coastal’s recent athletic success, most notably ex-Chants golfer Dustin Johnson’s recent Masters win.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Turkey theft brought Thanksgiving Day trouble for small business in East Alabama
- Rockingham County sheriff’s deputy shot; suspect in custody
- Woman says mother died following horrific neglect at NC nursing home
- Worker fired for forgetting doctor’s note after negative COVID-19 test
- Judge refuses Johnny Depp permission to appeal libel ruling after newspaper calls him a ‘wife-beater’