SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) – Kyren Williams ran for 112 yards and two touchdowns in his first start, grad quarterback Ian Book threw for 263 yards and No. 10 Notre Dame beat Duke 27-13 on Saturday at rainy Notre Dame Stadium in the season and Atlantic Coast Conference opener for both teams.
The speedy Williams, who saw limited action last season as a freshman, had 19 carries and also was Notre Dame’s leading receiver with two receptions for 93 yards, one a 75-yarder in the first half.
The victory was Notre Dame’s 19th straight at home and the first for the Fighting Irish in a conference after 132 years as an independent.
Because of COVID-19, the Irish are playing this season as a member of the ACC.
- Putting the Dairy Center’s ground steak sandwich to the test in honor of Mayberry Days
- Watch: Bull moose goes head to head with car in Colorado
- Louisville mayor: 2 officers shot are recovering
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America: Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up
- Utility worker identified, killed in crash while helping restore power in Sally aftermath