BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) — Jalen Cone scored 18 points off the bench to lift No. 19 Virginia Tech to a 77-63 victory against Notre Dame.
Cone connected on 5 of 11 from the floor, including four 3-pointers, as the Hokies (9-2, 3-1 Atlantic Coast Conference) bounced back from Wednesday’s loss at Louisville.
Virginia Tech has won five of six games and five consecutive home games. Keve Aluma added 15 points and 12 rebounds, and Hunter Cattoor had 15 points for the Hokies, who held Notre Dame to just two field goals in the second half.
- Interstate 40 West will be shut down to one lane after crash with serious injuries, police say
- Virginia governor orders police to conduct independent investigation after officers threaten lieutenant during traffic stop
- Matsuyama wins at The Masters, 1st man from Japan to win golf major title
- NC beachgoer finds body of man whose truck plunged off bridge
- Georgia becomes third state to shut down Johnson & Johnson vaccine site: report