CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) — The Charlotte Hornets have taken LaMelo Ball in the first round of the NBA Draft. The team had the third pick overall for the first round.
Ball, 19, was a favorite to go first in the draft. The Timberwolves, however, went with Anthony Edwards with the No. 1 overall pick, leaving Ball open for Buzz City.
On Tuesday, in an interview with ESPN, the young guard said he was “born” to be the first pick.
He comes from a family of NBA ballers — father and former NFL player LaVar, and brothers LiAngelo and Lonzo, who was the second overall pick in the 2017 draft and now plays for the New Orleans Pelicans.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Small Business Spotlight: Accessories & More Boutique
- Ghislaine Maxwell in COVID quarantine after prison staffer gets virus
- NC Electors expect straightforward meeting, no changing of electoral votes
- Mount Airy man makes ornate Christmas ornaments out of wood
- President-elect Biden signals sharp shift from President Trump with Cabinet picks