CHARLOTTE N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) — Carolina Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey is expected to miss another game this week, according to head coach Matt Rhule.
The Panthers will travel to face the Green Bay Packers on Saturday night and their star running back is not expected to suit up for the 11th time in 14 games this season.
“I’m not expecting him to play, as of right now,” Rhule said. “We’ll see how the next couple of days unfold, obviously. But today was a walk-through, so he was able to do some things, but I’m not expecting him to play as we sit here right now.”
This would be the fifth-straight game McCaffrey would miss, dealing with a thigh injury the past two weeks, a shoulder injury that caused him to miss three games and a high-ankle sprain which kept him out for six weeks earlier in the year.
However, Rhule kept a glimmer of hope alive for McCaffrey to play this weekend.
“I haven’t really seen him run yet,” Rhule said. “If he could come out and really run tomorrow, that would probably turn my thinking, but just trying to give you guys some direction on where I’m thinking. I know he’s improving and getting better, but on a short week, as of right now, … I’m not expecting it as of right now.”
Latest headlines from FOX8
- A hate crime? NC police say men solicited sex from transwomen before shooting, killing them
- NC Walmart stores evacuated due to bomb threat
- NC employers having difficulty finding people to fill hundreds of job openings
- Protesters march in downtown Raleigh after gathering outside NC Executive Mansion
- More Texans would support Matthew McConaughey for governor over Greg Abbott, poll shows