BLACKSBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Head coach Justin Fuente announced Thursday that DB Chamarri Conner will wear Frank Beamer’s No. 25 jersey on Saturday in Virginia Tech’s contest at Wake Forest. It will mark the second time that the Jacksonville, Fla. native has earned this honor.
Conner (6-0, 211), leads the Hokies with 29 total tackles on the season including 18 solo stops. He has tallied 1.5 TFL, a pass breakup and a QB hurry and forced a fumble last week against Boston College, one of five takeaways for the Tech defense.
He recorded a career-best 11 tackles in Tech’s 40-14 victory over the Eagles at Lane Stadium.
At the beginning of the 2016 season, head coach Justin Fuente announced that a special teams player of the week would be selected to wear the No. 25 as a tribute to Coach Beamer and his legacy of special teams excellence he established for the Hokies.
2020 25 JERSEY RECIPIENTS
DB J.R. Walker NC State
K Brian Johnson Duke
RB Khalil Herbert North Carolina
DL Amare Barno Boston College
DB Chamarri Conner Wake Forest
- Kernersville police searching for suspect after armed robbery of sweepstakes
- 3 hospitalized after Jeep runs stop sign, crashes into truck near Asheboro, troopers say
- Charlotte Hornets, Bank of America provide 3,000 care kits for US troops
- Mega Millions could bring you multi-millions as jackpot climbs well over $400M
- Coca-Cola to discontinue one of its beverages in North America