CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) – Devin Leary threw two touchdown passes and Zonovan Knight ran for 101 yards and two scores, leading North Carolina State to a 38-21 victory over Virginia Saturday.
Leary hit Trent Pennix with a 5-yard scoring pass and Cary Angeline with a 32-yarder as the Wolfpack built a 24-0 lead in the first half.
Knight scored on runs of 35 and 2 yards, the latter cementing the victory with 1:49 to play.
The meeting was just the second between the teams since 2012 and the Cavaliers proved generous hosts.
They threw three interceptions, lost a fumble and had a punt blocked.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Texas early voting exceeds total of all 2016 ballots
- Kamala Harris stopping in Goldsboro, Fayetteville on Sunday
- UNC Chapel Hill tells students, staff to seek shelter after report of ‘armed and dangerous’ person
- Newsfeed Now: Biden returns to Iowa; Trump plays defense in Mich., Wis.
- Man found dead on East Lexington Avenue in High Point; Suspect in custody