Tennessee woman melts bathtub after she attempts to barbecue brisket

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — A woman allegedly melted her bathtub after she tried to cook barbecue brisket in it, WVLT reports.

Authorities were called to a residence in reference to a fire and upon arrival, discovered a woman fanning light smoke that was coming from her bathroom, officials say.

Knoxville Fire Department captain DJ Corcoran said the woman attempted to cook brisket in her fiberglass bathtub and the heat melted the material, which led to water pouring into the neighbors residence below.

Crews used the shower head to extinguish the melting bathtub and minimal damage was reported.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories

MOST POPULAR

Follow FOX8 on Twitter