WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A woman is in the hospital following a shooting in Winston-Salem on Saturday, according to a Winston-Salem Police Department news release.
Around 12:07 p.m., officers responded to a shooting in the 1900 block of Franciscan Drive.
When they arrived, officers found a 20-year-old Winston-Salem woman who was suffering from a gunshot wound to her shoulder.
She was taken to a medical facility where she is being treated for her injury. She is listed in serious but stable condition.
During the investigation, officers discovered that she was involved in a disturbance with someone.
During the disturbance, she allegedly threatened the person, the release says.
The associate reportedly fired a gun in an attempt to defend themself.
The investigation is currently ongoing.
No charges have been filed.
The Winston-Salem Police Department is asking for the public’s assistance in this case. Anyone with any information regarding this incident or similar crimes is asked to call the Winston-Salem Police Department at (336) 773-7700 or Crime Stoppers at (336) 727-2800. You can also view “Crime Stoppers of Winston-Salem Forsyth County” on Facebook.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- States easing virus restrictions despite experts’ warnings
- Reese’s unveils peanut butter cups – without the best ingredient!
- NC man uses own set of lucky numbers, wins $235,750
- NC House reps file bill to fund workers, small businesses with billions in unreserved cash
- School district cancels Dr. Seuss celebration, citing ‘racial undertones’ in his books