Winston-Salem woman loses home in fire

News

5108 Old Rural Hall Road, Winston-Salem (Google Maps)

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A woman lost her home after an accidental house fire caused by a space heater Thursday night in Winston-Salem, officials said.

Authorities said 18 firefighters responded to 5108 Old Rural Hall Road around 11:34 p.m. and had the blaze under control within about four minutes.

No injuries were reported. Officials estimated about $35,000 in property damage and $10,000 in content damage done to the home.

Firefighters searched the residence and power was removed from the house.

Officials said the home’s single occupant had a space heater too close to combustibles.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories

MOST POPULAR

Follow FOX8 on Twitter