Winston-Salem State University’s student health center evacuated over possible gas leak

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — An area of the Winston-Salem University campus was evacuated over concerns of a possible gas leak, according to WSU.

The university sent out an email warning students that the A. H. Ray Student Health Center was evacuated as a precaution over an “unusual odor.”

Winston-Salem fire and Piedmont Natural Gas crews were on scene to evaluate the situation.

Police blocked off area surrounding the center.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories


Follow FOX8 on Twitter