Winston-Salem home explodes; man injured

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – A man was injured after officials said a house exploded Saturday morning in Winston-Salem.

The explosion was reported around 9 a.m. in the 5500 block of Alma Road. Officials said 20 firefighters had the situation under control within about 40 minutes.

Battalion Chief Brown said that one person was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center with unknown injuries.

Officials said the explosion was caused by a propane leak inside the home.

The Red Cross is assisting the other people who live at the residence with food, clothes, and shelter.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories


Follow FOX8 on Twitter