Winston-Salem First evacuated after carbon monoxide detected

News

(WGHP)

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A Winston-Salem church was evacuated due to the presence of carbon monoxide Wednesday.

EMS responded to a report of a person with a headache at Winston-Salem First on University Parkway.

A fire crew responded and detected carbon monoxide in the main building of the church.

Officials evacuated the building.

No one was taken to the hospital, according to EMS.

A staff member with the church said the only people there were staff members preparing for Wednesday night’s service.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories