Winston-Salem firefighters save Christmas presents during apartment fire; 10 people displaced

Data pix.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- Ten people won't be sleeping in their own beds tonight after an apartment fire, but firefighters were able to save the Christmas presents inside.

The fire started in an apartment at 1000 Cedar Place Court and extended into two apartments, according to Jason Allred, of the Winston-Salem Fire Department.

In addition to damage caused by the fire, a third apartment had flood damage.

Of the 10 people displaced, five were adults and five were children.

No injuries were reported.

The fire was caused by unattended food cooking on the stove.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories


Follow FOX8 on Twitter