Overnight fire displaces 1 in Winston-Salem

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — The Winston-Salem Fire Department is investigating an overnight house fire that left one person displaced.

The fire, which occurred at 411 25th St. NW., has since been contained.

Officials believe the fire was accidental and stemmed from a decorative candle that a set of drapes ablaze.

The resident had working smoke detectors, but no indoor sprinklers.

There is no damage estimate and the investigation is ongoing.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories


Follow FOX8 on Twitter