MONUMENT, Colo. (KDVR) — A scary moment was captured on camera in Colorado on Monday.
The video was taken on a Ring surveillance camera at a home in Monument.
According to Bob Myhren, two bobcats charged at his dog from the creek at the edge of his yard.
He can be head on the video yelling, “Hey! Hey! Hey! Get out of here!”
Myhren was carrying a bat because he has had coyotes in the creek before, and he always goes outside with the dog.
Fortunately, Myhren was able to scare the bobcats off and keep them from attacking his dog.
As cities along the Front Range and throughout Colorado grow, new or expanding subdivisions impact wildlife habitat.
Wild animals are often displaced by development. Some species are able to live in nearby open spaces, parks, undeveloped parcels of land, river bottoms, and on or near bodies of water, according to Colorado Parks and Wildlife officers.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Interstate 40 West will be shut down to one lane after crash with serious injuries, police say
- Virginia governor orders police to conduct independent investigation after officers threaten lieutenant during traffic stop
- Matsuyama wins at The Masters, 1st man from Japan to win golf major title
- NC beachgoer finds body of man whose truck plunged off bridge
- Georgia becomes third state to shut down Johnson & Johnson vaccine site: report