SAN ANGELO, Texas — A waitress in West Texas was surprised to receive a $1,100 tip from a table of strangers before Christmas.
Rodney Fleming and a group of friends he was with decided they wanted to help someone in the service industry who has been affected by the pandemic.
Ashley Farmer, a server at Shenanigans Bar and Grill, received $1,100 from her tabletop of 10.
“I’m still in disbelief. It’s beautiful and shocking, and I’m just really grateful to be a part of that,” Farmer said.
“I will be able to get my nieces and nephews some Christmas presents. My sisters, just help them with anything they need. I will get caught up on my bills, and I will pay it forward. I want to bless someone the way I was blessed,” she said.
Fleming and his group said they encourage others to help where they can.
“I promise you God will bless you tenfold just on the happiness. I can’t believe how happy we are that she got this money, and I pray she continues to get blessed throughout the year,” Fleming said.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Sources: Kentucky basketball player Terrence Clarke dies in LA car crash
- ‘A great glimmer of hope’: Festivals are making a comeback in the Piedmont Triad
- Winston-Salem father fights off wild fox after it attacks his twin boys
- Man could get prison for dumping garbage on own property for years
- Three emergency landings reported at Charlotte-Douglas Airport in one day