– A Veterans Day Ceremony will be held in King Central Park, 302 Kirby Road in King. Billy Joe Joyce, a U.S. Army veteran, will be the guest speaker. A selection of patriotic music will be played at the Central Park Amphitheater starting at 10:15 a.m., with a performance by the West Stokes High School Band followed by musician Taylor Vaden, a Stokes County native. A dedication ceremony will be held at the Veterans Memorial site at 11 a.m. with music by Robbie Voss and Eric Marshall. Eagle Scout Cody McBride will present the Military Dog Memorial Dedication.
– A Veterans Day ceremony will be held from 11 a.m. to noon in Perrit Plaza on the Wake Forest University campus to honor all military veterans. Call (336) 758-5545 for more information.
– A Veterans Day luncheon will be held from noon to 3 p.m. at Goler Family Enrichment Center, 620 N. Patterson Ave. The event is sponsored by HARRY Community Outreach Services and Goler Memorial A.M.E. Zion Church. Veterans must show proof of service. For more information, call (336) 725-3410.
– Veterans and active duty military personnel can get a free doughnut and small cup of coffee for Veterans Day at any participating Krispy Kreme in the United States on Monday. No purchase is necessary.
– Wake Forest University will offer complimentary basketball tickets to active and veteran military members and their immediate families for the game that night against VMI, which will start at 7 at Joel Coliseum. To secure tickets, veterans or their family representatives should go to the marketing table that will be set up in the coliseum lobby the night of the game. Military ID must be presented.
– Main Street United Methodist Church, 306 S. Main St. in Kernersville, will honor military veterans with a brass concert at 6 p.m. It will be free, with donations accepted to benefit the Building Up/Reaching Out building campaign at the church. Featured musicians will include The New South Brass, which will play gospel and patriotic classics.