Toddler gets second-degree burns at community pool

News

Toddler gets second degree burns on the bottom of her feet after stepping on a hot sheet of metal for about five to 10 seconds when it was above 90 degrees.

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WESTLAKE, Ohio — Sunday was a typical day at the brand-new Westlake Aquatic Center for the Kelly family until something unexpected happened, WEWS reports.

“She burnt the bottom of her feet and all of her little toes, they all have blisters on them,” said Rachel Kelly.

Kelly says her toddler got second degree burns on the bottom of her feet after stepping on a hot sheet of metal for about five to 10 seconds when it was above 90 degrees.

“She was inconsolable, she started crying right away,” said Kelly. “Immediately I knew we needed to go to the ER.”

Kelly says the piece of metal that burnt 22-month-old Lilian is just a few small steps away from the kid’s pool and it’s not covered up.

The mother of two took to Facebook to warn others, but also confronted the people at the pool.

“I did tell them what happened, the manager took down notes and she said they normally try to keep the kids off of there,” she said. “I’ve been there like 20 times this summer and I’ve never seen anyone try to get kids off of the stage.”

Kelly says she has to take Lillian back to the hospital Tuesday for a follow up, and before she goes back to the pool she wants the issue fixed.

“I want them to cover up so another little toddler doesn’t get their feet burned,” she said.

Trademark and Copyright 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories

MOST POPULAR

Follow FOX8 on Twitter