Today is the last day to claim your $1,200 stimulus check if you haven’t received it yet.
The deadline to submit a claim is noon CT, and the IRS is asking people to make the claim on their website.
Around nine million Americans who have not yet claimed their stimulus checks may not know they are eligible for them, the IRS says.
That could include people who did not file a federal tax return in 2019.
People who receive Social Security, Railroad Retirement and Department of Veteran Affairs benefits who already got their checks can register for a payment for their spouse or qualifying child.
The online application lets people to learn their payment status, see their payment type and, in provide their bank account information in some cases.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Community reflects on 1-year anniversary of John Neville Jr.’s death
- Historic Magnolia House in Greensboro offers shoebox meals via delivery apps
- Winston-Salem man’s holiday light display includes tribute to law enforcement, health care workers
- Light the Night kicks off in downtown Greensboro
- SC lawmakers to consider home alcohol deliveries in 2021