CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) – Happy 116th birthday to Miss Hester Ford!
FOX 46 Charlotte captured the moment Hester turned 115 last year when she had a party at Beatties Ford Road Library with her family.
Hester was born in Lancaster County, South Carolina, and went on to have 12 children with her husband, and has more than 50 grand-kids and 120 great-grand-kids!
Ms. Ford credits her incredible longevity to family and a strong faith in God. And yes, she is the oldest living person in the United States.
- Community clinic held in Forsyth County to administer single shot vaccine
- ‘She’s such a beautiful person inside and out’: Woman celebrates 113th birthday
- No. 21 Virginia tops Louisville 68-58 to claim ACC title
- Dawes scores 21 as Clemson defeats Pittsburgh 77-62 in finale
- See inside this incredible 1940’s-era Art Deco home that just hit the market