SWANNANOA, N.C. — Michael Baldwin, of Swannanoa, bought a $3 Power Play ticket and became one of three $100,000 winners in the Powerball drawing on Dec. 19, according to an NC Education Lottery news release.
“This couldn’t have happened at a better time,” he said as he claimed his prize Wednesday at lottery headquarters in Raleigh.
Baldwin bought his winning Quick Pick ticket from the I Market on N.C. 9 in Black Mountain.
His winning Power Play ticket matched numbers on four of the white balls and the Powerball to beat odds of 1 in 913,000, winning him $50,000.
His prize doubled to $100,000 when the 2X multiplier was drawn.
After required federal and state tax withholdings, Baldwin took home $70,751.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Mass shootings wracking US in 2021
- Newsfeed Now: At least 9 people dead after shooting at Indianapolis FedEx facility; Pfizer CEO says 3rd COVID-19 shot possible
- How do you keep your dogs, cats calm during a thunderstorm?
- Officer dislocates shoulder of woman with dementia after she ‘forgets’ to pay $14 for groceries, lawsuit says
- Head of Tokyo Olympics again says games will not be canceled