Third suspect arrested in retirement home robbery

News

Clare Bridge Assisted Living in Winston-Salem

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A third suspect has been arrested after police said a group of masked men armed with handguns robbed a retirement home in Winston-Salem.

Police said Saturday that George Cherry was charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon and first degree kidnapping.

Cherry is among a group of men accused of robbing Clare Bridge Assisted Living at 275 S. Peace Haven Road around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday.

The suspects allegedly restrained the five employees working and robbed about a dozen residents of their personal belongings.

Police said the suspects searched the residents’ rooms and left with several flat screen TVs, jewelry and other personal items.

Authorities said one resident received minor injuries when a gunman grabbed his arm.

Two suspects were arrested earlier this week, 19-year-old Rahaeim Johnson and 20-year-old Terrence Trent. Both face charges of robbery with a dangerous weapon and kidnapping.

The first two suspects were given $250,000 bonds, while Cherry received a $350,000 bond. Early reports suggested four suspects, but that information has since been changed.

Police have not said how the men entered the facility and there were no visible signs of a break-in.

Officials at the facility said they are providing extra support services to residents and associates.

The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with any information can call Winston-Salem police at (336) 773-7700.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories

MOST POPULAR

Follow FOX8 on Twitter