Several people taken to hospital for possible carbon monoxide poisoning at Clemmons restaurant


New Forsyth County EMS bus

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CLEMMONS, N.C. – About a dozen people were taken to the hospital after showing signs of carbon monoxide poisoning Saturday night at a restaurant in Clemmons.

An off-duty firefighter was at the River Ridge Taphouse at 1480 River Ridge Drive when he noticed signs of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to Forsyth County EMS.

The firefighter reported the incident and firefighters from Lewisville and Forsyth County and EMS responded.

Six ambulances and an ambulance bus responded to the scene. About 32 people showed symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and about a dozen were transported.

An equipment malfunction in the building is suspected to be the cause of the incident.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories


Follow FOX8 on Twitter