SPARTANBURG, S.C. (WSPA) – Governor Henry McMaster and his wife have tested positive for the coronavirus.
According to his office, McMaster was notified of his positive test result late Monday evening.
McMaster plans to follow the CDC and DHEC’s guidelines and quarantine for the next 10 days, his office said.
“Peggy and I urge everyone to be extra careful during the Christmas holiday season,” said Gov. Henry McMaster. “This virus spreads very easily.”
A DHEC physician said there is no way to pinpoint when or how the governor or his wife, Peggy, contacted the virus, according to a press release from his office.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Tim Tebow sends special birthday message to 105-year-old woman
- ‘You murdered your girlfriend’: Man sentenced to at least 15 years in prison after deadly crash during Rockingham County police chase
- Man shares story of difficult upbringing, finding fulfillment as a foster dad
- ‘Powerful and graceful’: Zion Williamson set to debut his 1st signature shoe
- Carthage business is bringing back the Long Leaf Pine, beautifying NC and your home