ROCKINGHAM COUNTY, N.C. — In a 4-3 vote, the Rockingham County Schools Board of Education voted to end Superintendent Rodney Shotwell’s contract during their Monday board meeting.
This vote provides 90 days notice until Shotwell’s termination.
Board member Doug Isley introduced the motion.
Brent Huss, Doug Isley, Bob Wyatt and Vicky Alston voted in favor of ending Shotwell’s contract.
Vickie McKinney, Paula Rakestraw and Kimberly McMichael voted no.
Shotwell has been superintendent of the school district since 2006
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Major training: Biden dog gets professional help adjusting to White House life
- Second Ramadan of pandemic begins amid restrictions
- 1 person shot in Greensboro, taken to hospital; police investigating on West Wendover Avenue
- Newsfeed Now: Chauvin trial enters third week; Matsuyama becomes 1st Japanese Masters winner
- Texas couple reunites for first time since pandemic for 50th wedding anniversary