GREENSBORO, N.C. — Several roads between the J. Douglas Gaylon Depot and Bennett College will be closed to traffic this Saturday, Nov. 9, in support of the two-mile Zombie Run.
From 1-5 p.m., traffic will be prohibited on the following roads so that the ‘undead’ can navigate the race route:
• Hughes Street between Lyndon Street and Davie Street
• E. Sycamore Street between Church Street and Lyndon Street
• Lyndon Street between E. Sycamore Street and Washington
• Medley Street between Washington Street and Plott Street
• Plott Street between Gorrell Street and cul-de-sac
• King Street between Victor Street and McAdoo Avenue
• McAdoo Avenue between King Street and Gorrell Street
Additionally, the following roads will be closed from 12:30-5:30 p.m.:
• Davie Street between Washington Street and MLK Drive
(apartment residents, business owners, and patrons can access from Washington Street)
• McGee Street between Elm Street and Davie Street (festival area)
Motorists and pedestrians are reminded that an officer directing traffic takes precedence over other traffic control devices such as signals and stop signs.