CASTALIA, N.C. — Human remains found in Castalia have been identified as a Greensboro man, according to Nash County Sheriff’s Office news release.
The remains were found on Oct. 28.
This month, the Medical Examiner’s Office were able to determine the remains were that of Jaleel Taqee Evans, 29, of Greensboro.
At this time, the cause of death has not been scientifically identified.
The delay in releasing the information was due to next of kin notification.
For any information related to this incident, please contact Sergeant Jamel Winstead at (252)
382-4652, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Twin County Crime Stoppers at
(252) 977-1111. No further information at this time.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- 500 block of Gillespie Street closed in Greensboro while officers investigate crash with injuries
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- Greensboro officers investigating shooting on East Washington Street
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration