Man dead in makeshift shelter fire in Colfax

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

COLFAX, N.C. — A 45-year-old man is dead following a fire at a makeshift shelter Monday night.

Officials say the fire was intentionally set by the victim.

Firefighters responded to 600 Lakedale Road around 9:17 p.m. where they found a 21-foot by 24-foot detached garage building engulfed in flames.

The man was taken to Baptist Hospital Burn facility in Winston-Salem where he died from his injuries.

His identity has not been released.

Neighbors told FOX8’s Lindsey Eaton that there were people believed to be living in the building.

There was no other property damage reported.

 

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories

MOST POPULAR

Follow FOX8 on Twitter