MIAMI, Fla. — A 15-foot, 2,000-pound great white shark has been recorded off the coast of Florida, according to OCEARCH, a non-profit research company.
The shark, named Unama’ki, is one of the largest sharks ever tagged in the Atlantic Ocean and is the second largest shark OCEARCH has ever tagged.
Unama’ki recently pinged just south of Miami.
OCEARCH said Unama’ki could be traveling a similar path as last year when she swam past the Florida Keys and into the Gulf of Mexico.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Local mom battling cancer disappointed with vaccine date pushed back
- ‘Tired of being divided’: Garth Brooks to sing at Biden inaugural
- Hornets’ Wednesday game vs. Washington at Spectrum Center postponed over COVID
- Watch FOX8’s ‘In Black and White’ Special Presentation
- New COVID variant in California tied to multiple outbreaks