VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) — The Coast Guard has suspended its search for the driver of a box truck that plunged off the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel.
The crash happened around 8:20 a.m. Tuesday on the bridge’s northbound lanes.
Virginia Beach Fire Department Battalion Chief Richard Trent says emergency response crews were searching for the driver after finding the vehicle floating in the water.
Coast Guard Petty Officer First Class Tara Molle says witnesses saw a man leave the truck and drift westward in the water.
Molle says it isn’t clear whether the driver climbed or fell out of the vehicle.
Latest headlines from FOX8
Latest Greensboro News
- 1 left with serious injuries after shooting in Greensboro, police say
- Breaking down the Greensboro bonds on the ballot
- Greensboro-native John Isner sets tennis world record for aces
- Greensboro delays fines for not rolling back trash carts from curb
- Greensboro sports leaders detail offer to rename Greensboro Coliseum for ACC
- I-40 crash closes multiple lanes in Greensboro