THOMASVILLE, N.C. — Say hello to the New Year’s babies who marked the first births at Novant Health’s hospitals!
Friday morning, Novant Health took a moment to shine a light on the very first babies born at area hospitals at the start of the new year.
Emerson Collins was born at exactly midnight at Presbyterian Medical Center in Charlotte. She’s the daughter of Allison and Jared Collins. Emerson was born weighing 5 pounds, 11 ounces, and is 18 3/4 inches tall.
Little Rowan Potter was born at Forsyth Medical Center at 1:07 a.m. Thursday. Rowan is the son of Lachelle Garringer and Mitchell Potter. He was born at 10 pounds, 11 ounces.
Matthews Medical Center welcomed Kennedy Josey into the world. Born at 2:16 a.m., Kennedy is the daughter of Rebecca and Adam Josey. She was born at 4 pounds, 11 ounces, and 18 inches tall. She has a 7-year-old brother named Harrison and a 9-year-old brother named Graham.
Thomasville Medical Center introduced Lillian Rose Brooks to the world. Lillian was born at 12:40 a.m. to Erica Brooks. She was 7 pounds, 7 ounces, and 19.5 inches tall.
Brunswick Medical Center, Huntersville Medical Center, Rowan Medical Center and Mint Hill Medical Center have not yet welcomed any New Year’s babies.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Missing French bulldog shows up 500 miles away in Mexico
- Johnson & Johnson vaccine means ‘rapid progress’ in March
- Small Business Spotlight: Carolina Sports Accessories
- Nearly 4 million Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine doses head out across US
- Texas Attorney General sues power company over storm’s high energy bills