RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Gov. Ralph Northam (D) is expected to declare Juneteenth, a celebration commemorating the end of slavery in the United States, a state holiday during Tuesday’s briefing in Richmond, a person briefed on the decision told 8News.
Ahead of the briefing, a release from the governor’s office teased an announcement alongside Virginia native and music superstar Pharrell Williams.
This story is developing. Stay with 8News for updates to this breaking story.
- 80 dogs rescued from condemned home in Ohio
- Which state has the most luxury cars?
- Graham warned to follow decorum rule after he attacks Democratic colleague
- Cheney: GOP is ‘very sick’
- Monkeypox vaccines: A virologist answers 6 questions about how they work, who can get them and how well they prevent infection