WALLACE, N.C. (WNCN) — Police say a North Carolina woman shot and killed her boyfriend and also shot her boyfriend’s sister during a “chaotic scene” late Friday night.
The incident was reported around 11 p.m. in Wallace in the Wells Mobile Home Park along N.C. 41, according to a news release from Wallace police.
Marshje Swinson, 26, of Willard, is charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of Lonnel Henderson, 26, of Wallace, police said.
Swinson is also charged with attempted first-degree murder after Henderson’s 22-year-old sister was also shot during the incident, according to police.
A handgun was recovered during the arrest, police said.
“Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Henderson and Langley families during this difficult time,” the police news release said.
“Thanks also to Duplin County EMS for your tireless efforts and work you did for the victims, and to the Duplin County Sheriff’s Office for helping us gain control of a chaotic scene,” police added.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Greensboro neighbors voice concerns over proposed medical building along West Friendly Avenue
- Greensboro police chief visits several communities for National Night Out, addresses efforts to curb violent crime
- Garth Brooks reassessing stadium tour, which included stop in North Carolina, because of COVID surge
- Disneyland launches ‘Magic Key’: What to know about the new annual pass replacement program
- Lexington City Schools says masks will be mandatory at beginning of school year