RALEIGH, N.C. — NC State’s men’s basketball game on Saturday against UConn was canceled after a member of the traveling party tested positive for COVID-19, according to a statement released by NC State.
The full statement is provided below:
“NC State men’s basketball’s game with UConn on Saturday has been canceled after the team learned late Friday evening that a member of its traveling party has tested positive for COVID-19.
All members of the NC State program provided a negative test result prior to travel to Connecticut. All members received a PCR test immediately upon arrival at Mohegan Sun and again received negative results prior to their matchup against UMass Lowell on December 3.
In accordance with NCAA protocols, the team tested again Friday morning, 24 hours prior to the matchup with UConn scheduled for Saturday. Upon determination of the positive test result, the game against the Huskies was canceled
NC State will update its future status upon its return to Raleigh.”
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Mega Millions ticket sold in NC wins $2 million prize
- Michigan Mega Millions ticket wins $1 billion jackpot
- ‘Several’ killed in deadly crash in Myrtle Beach; others injured
- Officials asking for public’s help finding missing infant
- Trouble breathing, tooth loss: Some COVID-19 patients face lasting effects