RUTHERFORD COUNTY, N.C. — Worth McCraw, of Rutherfordton, stepped forward Friday as the third North Carolinian to win a third of a $1,007,160 Cash 5 jackpot, according to an NC Education Lottery news release.
McCraw’s lucky Quick Pick ticket beat odds of 1 in 962,598 to win part of the jackpot in the Nov. 4 drawing.
He bought his lucky ticket at Walmart on Plaza Drive in Forest City.
He claimed his prize Friday at lottery headquarters in Raleigh.
He received one third of the jackpot, $335,720.
After required federal and state tax withholdings, he took home $237,522.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- 9 shot 1 dead, including an injured 2-year-old in Savannah mass shooting
- 2 dead after 5 people, including teen, shot overnight in Winston-Salem
- Austin mass shooting: 13 hospitalized after attack downtown
- Daughter of Guilford County man killed by brain-eating amoeba warning others about jumping into the water this summer
- 4 people shot, 1 killed in Winston-Salem