FRANKLIN COUNTY, N.C. — David Harvey, of Youngsville, used Online Play to buy a Cash 5 ticket and won Wednesday’s $100,000 jackpot, according to an NC Education Lottery news release.
Harvey claimed his prize Thursday at lottery headquarters in Raleigh.
After required federal and state tax withholdings, he took home $70,754.
Friday’s Cash 5 jackpot is $110,000.
The odds of winning a Cash 5 jackpot are 1 in 962,598.
Cash 5 is one of four lottery games in North Carolina where players have the option of buying their tickets either through the lottery’s website or with the NC Lottery Official Mobile App.
The other games are Powerball, Mega Millions and Lucky For Life.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Kernersville police searching for suspect after armed robbery of sweepstakes
- 3 hospitalized after Jeep runs stop sign, crashes into truck near Asheboro, troopers say
- Charlotte Hornets, Bank of America provide 3,000 care kits for US troops
- Mega Millions could bring you multi-millions as jackpot climbs well over $400M
- Coca-Cola to discontinue one of its beverages in North America