NC man burns down shed while blowtorching spider webs

News

Stock photo of spider webs (Thinkstock)

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

IREDELL COUNTY, N.C. – A North Carolina man has burned down a shed while blowtorching spider webs, according to the Hickory Daily Record.

A 74-year-old Iredell County man was using a blowtorch to remove the webs from a shed near his home Wednesday when it happened.

No injuries were reported, but the man estimated about $25,000 worth of damage to tools and equipment. He said he also lost a 100-pound filleted catfish that he caught.

It took firefighters about 20 minutes to have the situation under control. The fire may have started when one of two propane tanks stored in the shed exploded.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories

MOST POPULAR

Follow FOX8 on Twitter