NC 8-year-old burned after dousing fire with gasoline

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MARION, N.C. — An 8-year-old boy is at Wake Forest Baptist Hospital after being burned from dousing a fire with gasoline outside his home in Marion on Tuesday.

WLOS reported that Edward Hamrick and his 11-year-old brother, were fooling around with matches in their front yard when they lit cardboard on fire then doused it with gasoline.

Edward received second and third degree burns on his leg.

Their mother, Rebecca Hamrick, said she heard him yelling for water.

Edward, who is one of 12 kids, is expected to be OK.

Marion police say they don’t believe there was any negligence by adults in this case, so there will be no charges.

Source: WLOS

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories

MOST POPULAR

Follow FOX8 on Twitter